A chain-link steel fence also referred to as wire netting, wire-mesh fence, chain-wire fence, or diamond-mesh fence is a type of woven fence usually made from galvanized steel wire. The wires are framed vertically and are bent into a pattern that resembles a zigzag. Each zig hooks with the wire on one side and each zag with the wire on the other. This forms the characteristic diamond pattern seen in this type of fence.
Further to this, the design provides a construct that is strong, durable, flexible, cost effective and long lasting. The galvanization of the wires ensure a layer of zinc that protects the fence from corrosion and weathering. That is rusting due to humidity and wearing down due to extremely hot or cold weather. Being portable and easy to assemble these fences can be found forming a security perimeter around many structures, complexes and projects. To name a few we have tennis courts, power plants, airports, industrial areas, warehousing, schools, farms, construction sites, military compounds etc.
Steelco Chain link fencing feature the following:
- Due to the usage of galvanized wiring, the layer of zinc coating protects against corrosion, rusting and weathering
- Its lightweight, easy to assemble and very durable making it a good investment in safety
- It requires little or no maintenance making it a very practical and a cost effective investment
- Is sturdy, resilient and can withstand great stress, hence its ideal for the purpose of security and protection
- Can be modified to the specifications of the project, that is a prison would require a different more sturdy variant compared to one used to cordon off a vegetable farm
- Is available in different sizes, easily customizable to fit your specific needs
- It is a green product meaning it can be recycled and isn’t a hazard to the environment