SHOP FOR THE FINEST MS HOT / COLD ERW SQUARE HOLLOW STRUCTURAL SOLUTIONS
Electric Resistance Welded or ERW refers to a type of welding process that is used to make square tubing. It is specifically known as Seam welding. Steel strips are unwound from coils and side-trimmed to control width and condition the edges for welding. The MS Hot / Cold ERW Square Hollow Structural Solutions then passes through a series of contoured rollers which cold-form the material into a square shape. The edges are forced together under pressure and then welded. Once the weld has been tested, the tube then passes through a series of sizing rolls to attain its precise size, after which the tube is straightened and cut to specified length.
Uses: The product applications are mainly used to create barriers, railings, fencing, furniture, gates, street poles and vehicles parts.
Standard: St 12 (DIN 1623), CS, DS [ASTM A1008], ASTM A500/A500M, Grade A, B & C.
List of features includes:
- Consistent physical features prevent any drastic variations or fabrication
- The product is well tested with Excellent machinability and high strength
- Insured and tested for quality assurance
- High resistance to torsional loading
- Excellent surface condition
- Wide variety of shapes and wall thicknesses are available
- Ready and available in our stocks in lengths of 6 meters