Galvanized Steel Sheets are one of Steelco’s popular products due to their quality, sustainability and cost effectiveness.
Galvanization is a process where steel or iron is coated with zinc to offer protection and prevent rusting. There are several galvanizing processes available, but the most commonly used method is hot-dip galvanizing.
Galvanized steel is amongst the most popular steel types due to its extended durability, strength and durability of steel plus the corrosion protection of the zinc coating. The zinc protects the base metal by acting as a barrier to corrosive elements, which results in a long-lasting and high-quality steel product.
It is utilized primarily because it has such a wide array of benefits to take advantage of, including having:
- Low initial cost compared to most treated steels. It is immediately ready for use and does not require additional preparation of the surface, inspections, painting/coatings, etc.
- Longer life due to galvanization, where a piece of industrial steel lasts for several decades requiring little to no maintenance. Combined with the properties of steel the product becomes more durable as well
Taking full advantage of these properties, the following are where galvanized metals are put to good use:
- Clean Energy Projects – Solar as well as wind energy based installations usually deal with equipment that require the least amount of disruption and maintenance. This is where Galvanized steel comes into play, as it is long lasting, durable and protected from corrosion. Ensuring years of maintenance free operation.
- Agriculture Industry – The equipment and machinery used is exposed to the elements throughout the years, experiencing not only threats from corrosion and weathering but also from wear and tear due to strenuous operations
- Automotive industry – Almost every household has an automobile due to which they need to readily available, affordable and easy to maintain
- Construction industry – Whether it be for residential or commercial projects, the durability of galvanized steel has made it invaluable the construction industry. Apart from being used in making structural frames, they are used to make like fencing, gutters, rails, tubing, poles, balconies, verandahs and much more
- Telecommunication industry – Due to the nature of the equipment and the requirement for frequent and uninterrupted use, all telecom equipment from the poles, to the boxes and their fixtures are made from galvanized steel. Reducing cost of maintenance, replacements and increasing life of the equipment