Steelco also manufactures wall frame solutions which contain a range of key components like steel runner tracks. In wall framing made of steel, tracks are normally horizontal (level) and studs are generally vertical (plumb). The tracks are fixed to the floor and to the ceiling. The studs, which are embossed for strength, fit inside the tracks, which are smooth. Holes can be made in the studs to pass pipes, conduit, or Romex.
In wood framing, the horizontal members are “plates”, not “track”.
Structural track is a framing component used as top and bottom runners to secure wall studs. Structural tracks are also used as end support closures for joists at exterior or foundation walls, head, and sill plates of wall openings and solid blocking. Tracks are normally ordered in accordance with the size and gauge of wall studs.
Runners / Track Features
- This structural track is a U-shaped framing component that perfectly fits in vertical stud elements
- Structural tracks contribute to straighter walls, noncombustible systems, and protection from structural damage due to insect infiltration
- Easily insulated for hot and cold conditions which results in greatly reduced energy costs
- Noncombustible support for fire-safety
- Tracks are available to match all stud and joist depths
- You get choices for custom sizes, lengths, and coatings in order to fulfill your specific requirements
- Longer leg tracks are used for deflection purposes or to accommodate uneven or inconsistent floor or ceiling states